Monday, January 9, 2012

In the Land of Hearts


I want to wish you all a very healthy and successful new year. I'm already in the Land of Hearts for Valentine's Day as I leave Christmas in the past. Different from most of my art, the heart above is a combination of watercolor and digital mediums. I still have a passion for hand drawn art as I personally feel digital art can never capture the "heart" of the human touch to paper or canvas. BUT.... there are such wonderful possibilities with digital art that it's fun to expand on new art horizons. And I can get so many variations on one concept! I'm actually making myself crazy and spending way too much time on the computer. I love to stand when I draw, and sitting for a long time staring at my computer screen makes my eyes dry and my butt sore!! It's addicting for sure, and once I'm on Zazzle, there's no stopping me. I have to admit, the technical part of making products like tagging, descriptions, etc. are not my idea of a good time, but someone's got to do it! And then there's the Spring cleaning of my online stores. Whether virtual or real, it's my least favorite thing to do. But in the end, it's always so well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you! Comments are appreciated.