Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Read!

The concept for this illustration woke me out of a dead sleep last week. Bleary-eyed, I grabbed my pencil and paper that I keep by the bed for such moments and began to sketch what was in my head. I've tried to memorize inspirations like this before; convinced that it would all come back to me in the morning, but it never did. I've learned my lesson- paper and pen at bedside at all times. Thank god my husband is a sound sleeper. Unlike my other illustrations, this one is done in watercolor; a medium that I really don't know all that much about. I find I have little patience waiting for it to dry before I venture on. But I do love the fact that it can be so delicate, yet bold when you want it to be. I'm very happy with it. Now onto Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you! Comments are appreciated.