Saturday, January 30, 2016

Palm Springs View - Twitter Art Exhibit 2016

For this year's Twitter Art Exhibit which will occur in March in NYC, I decided to try something different - something I rarely do, and that's to paint something scenic. I was deeply inspired by a photo a friend who lives in Palm Springs posted to his FB page. Luckily, the size for the art for the exhibit is small - post card size. So, if I really messed it up, I would be able to start over without feeling too depressed about it. :-) I sketched free hand ( which I always do, whether from my mind, or reference ) the scene making minor changes. I marked where I will be cutting it to size in pencil, but I always work before cutting out the exact size I need the art to be. This allows complete coverage of the area and I feel it gives me sort of a psychological freedom to extend a bit beyond the area allowing me to design a better piece. I worked in watercolor and gouache, which I love. And for once, I didn't outline anything in black, which I normally love to do. I'm always willing to paint new things, and experiment with new mediums and styles. I feel it keeps me on my toes. I love the challenge.
If you want more info on the Twitter Art Exhibit and have a Twitter account, click HERE.







1 comment:

  1. Fine information, assignment writing services
    many thanks to the author. It is puzzling to me now, but in general, the usefulness and importance is overwhelming. Very much thanks again and topaussiewriters.com
    best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you! Comments are appreciated.