Monday, August 6, 2012

Framed Art

I think one of the most exciting things about getting ready for the exhibits is having the art framed. The difference is night and day. I had the "Cherry Tree" art hanging around for awhile, and to my surprise, the gallery owner chose it for the exhibit. Seeing it come to life framed was so rewarding. I want to keep it. But as the gallery owner said to me, "Laura, they ( the paintings ) are like children, they eventually have to leave the nest and bring happiness to someone else's life." While I inherently agree with that statement, I will still miss the originals and some of my walls in my home will be empty. But then, they will be in someone else's home making them happy, just like the gallery owner said.
I'm actually considering buying another easel so that I can jump immediately onto another painting when I'm just ending the one I'm painting. Klimt inspired me when I saw a shot of his studio with two easels. Two large canvases graced them. One day I would love to paint something large. I'm looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you! Comments are appreciated.